Sunday, June 08, 2008

The one with the horoscope

"Somewhere in the back of your mind, there’s an ideal vision of how things should be. This attractive image is both unrealistic and insidious. Each time you compare your actual life to the golden dream, you feel somehow inadequate. All you actually now need to do is stop setting yourself such artificially high standards. Your present situation is extremely acceptable and, in some ways, even enviable. Don’t pollute its positivity and purity by mixing it up with an empty fantasy."


I read this passage in the horoscope section of the papers some time last week. On any other given day, I would have just flipped the horoscope page over and go straight to the comic section. Somehow, I could not help myself. I CHOSE to read my horoscope this day. Strangely enough, what was written got me thinking. And then I said to myself, do I really want to believe in this? Deep down inside I didn't. I didn't want my fantasy to go away. I didn't want to lose it. What I read that day was true. I was holding on to this "perfect image" that didnt quite exist, yet I want it to...so badly.

*****
It's been about a week since I read the horoscope. It's still in my mind constantly. And I try so hard not to believe in horoscopes. But this one...it's hard not to. But at the same time, I wanna believe in my dreams and imagination.

*****


No comments: