Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The one after two months

Boy does time fly. 2 months have gone by without a single post, how sad. I can't believe its almost the end of October now, and before you know it, bam! 2008 is here.

So many things happened since i last updated. The only problem is, I really can't remember everything.

Let's start with my holiday. It came and went so quickly. No doubt, i had the best time. Caught up with everyone I could, although I would have loved to catch up with a few more people whom I couldn't (lack of time). Next trip, hey? Anyway, had an A-W-E-S-O-M-E time hanging out with childhood buddies. Sleepless nites yakking away reminiscing old days, laughing at our stupidity during our younger days, non stop photo taking, oh the fun we had. all good things come to an end :( Did so much shopping on back home. Everything was so cheap, 3 quarters of my luggage was stuffed with stuff i bought back home - clothes, shoes, food, etc. Was in Singapore a few days. Caught up with SuSu. Very grateful to her for letting me bunk at her place. Saved me a bunch of $$. She had to work the first couple days i was there, so I decided to explore Singapore myself. I did well, didn't get lost, got home safely. Wedding I attended there was good. I love weddings - beautiful people, lovely smiles and flowers, happy families. Simple church ceremony in a rustic old church and an exquisite dinner in a posh beautifully decorated restaurant. That's it for my holiday. Next topic.

I've been deliberating switching jobs. My current work place has lost its special feel - that bond that we used to have. No more tolerance, no more team work, no more energy, no more fun! Me no likey :( I've tried to make it a better place, but my efforts does not seem to be working. What more, 3 colleagues whom I love have left! Arrgghh! Amidst all this, a perfect opportunity has come up. A role that I want so badly. I have submitted my application, waiting for an interview and a hopeful outcome.

About 2 weeks ago, I moved into my new apartment. Omg the stress and agony of finding a place in Melbourne is horrible! I never knew it was so hard to rent a place here. I was on the verge of freaking out, and finally after looking high and low, i managed to secure a place. One problem solved, but another crept in. Geez. According to building policy (stupid building policy) no one can move in or out on Sundays. I was like WTF!! But Sunday is the ONLY day i have time to move! I've gotta work the rest of the days, plus that's the only day my brother can help me move! Anyway, so I decided to call movers to help me move on Monday. I did not have a choice. Had to spend a bomb on them. Luckily the service was good and they were 2 really nice guys. They made my day :)

No comments: